What are the benefits of a usable website:
- Increased success for users who would like to contact you or make a purchase, if the user cannot find a product, then he or she will get somewhere else.
- If it is easier to use, your users will keep coming back for more.
- Reduced development costs due to poor designed sites that have to be fixed later.
- More return business.
The most likely reason visitors will enter your site is to find useful and relevant information. Therefore it should be provided in the most accessible manner possible.
You can help your audience find relevant information by:
- Allocate spaces on your web pages to useful content
- Make the information on the pages concise and to the point
- Make text easy to read that stands out
- The most important and useful information should be placed at the top of the page
- Provide descriptive headings and sub-headings
- Make information on the site easy to find by creating a sensible navigation system
- Information should be arranged in a way that will make sense to your visitors
- Keep graphic small because people find it frustrating to wait for pages to load and often abandon a page that takes too long
- Use simple language and clear formatting it make it easier to read
- Most graphics should be small and the large graphics should have thumbnails
Here is additional information on the usability of a website: